Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- When is the Zoo open?
- What are the admission fees?
- What kinds of animals do you have?
- How do I get to the Zoo?
- What other kinds of activities are there to do?
- Do you have strollers or wheelchairs?
- Does the Zoo accept animal donations?
- What if I find an injured wild animal?
- Are dogs allowed in the Zoo?
- Why do I have to pay the Park entrance fee if I am only going to visit the Zoo?
- My question is not listed. How do I get an answer?
- Zoo hours
are: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. everyday of the year except for
Christmas Day. The zoo is closed on Christmas.
admission is $4 for adults and $2 for children. Children under 2 and members of the Micke Grove Zoological
Society receive free admission. There is also a Micke Grove Park
admission fee of $5.00 per car. Vehicles with the California
exempt license plates will not be charged a parking fee.
Grove Zoo is home to over 130 animal specimens representing over 50 different species including
monkeys, lemurs, mountain lion, golden eagle,
green iguana and many more.
- The Zoo is
located between Lodi and Stockton, off Highway 99 between the Eight Mile Road &
Armstrong Road exits.
- The Park
includes several playgrounds and Fun Town, a small amusement park.
- There are
no strollers or wheelchairs available for rent.
- The Zoo does
not accept animal donations. We may be able to provide information and resources depending
on the type of animal. Call (209) 331-2010.
- For the health
and safety of the Zoo animal collection we do not accept injured or orphaned wildlife. We do
have resource information. Call (209) 331-2010.
- Pets of
any size are not allowed in the Zoo. Fully trained service animals
are allowed into the Zoo, though may be restricted from sensitive areas. Call the Zoo office
with questions. (209) 331-2010.
- The Zoo is a part
of Micke Grove Park. Park and Zoo entrance fees help offset all maintenance and
operating expenses for the entire facility, including the Zoo.
- If you do not see your question answered please e-mail the Micke Grove Zoo office at firstname.lastname@example.org.