2015 Spring Zoo Camp
Spring into fun as we search the globe for the different places animals call home! Whether it is a frosty mountain peak or the humid heat of a rainforest jungle, all animals quest for the best place to live. Each camp day brings a new habitat for us to explore with games, crafts, activities and animal encounters. This week-long Zoo Camp program runs from 9AM to 12PM Monday through Friday.
New this year! For a separate daily fee, your campers can join us for an after camp extension program following any or all five days of Zoo Camp. You choose which afternoons you want your little animal to hang out at Micke Grove Zoo, and we'll make sure they're journeyed out by the time they get home! BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH.
Zoo Camp - 9AM to 12PM / Camp Extension - 12PM to 4PM
Dates: Monday, March 23 to Friday, March 27th
Location: Micke Grove Zoo
Cost: Zoo Camp - $95 members/$110 non-members (five days). Camp Extension - $25 members/$35 non-members (daily).
Registration: Register online by clicking here. Pay online by credit card or mail check within 7 days of completed registration.
Monday, March 23 -
Into the Woods
Into the oak woodlands we go to search for squirrels, galls and forest surprises.
Tuesday, March 24 - Waterways
Inland bodies of water spring to life with their critters, crawlies and water highways.
Wednesday, March 25 - Rainforest Trek
Investigate the layers of the rainforest as we climb the animal ladder of the jungle.
Thursday, March 26 - Desert Day
Safari across the sands as we scout for signs of the abundant life in the desert.
Friday, March 27 - Ocean Exploration
Explore the mysteries of the ocean deep with its wonders of wildlife and exotic environment.
Please Read Before Registering
To ensure that your child has the best experience possible during zoo camp, staff and management are asking for the following:
- Please leave all cameras/cell phones at home (cameras and cell phones can become a distraction to the teacher and students). If your child wants to take pictures, cameras will only be allowed on Fridays, at the Zoo Camp Teacher’s discretion.
- Please have your child wear comfortable tennis shoes. No open toed shoes or sandals are allowed. Children will be required to sit out activities if they arrive in open toed shoes.
- Please specify any food allergies your child has during registration. Please make sure that your child eats a good breakfast before camp.
- Please do not allow your child to bring money to camp. No purchases will be made before, during, or after camp. We encourage you to come back with your child to visit the Zoo and make purchases.
- For the safety and well-being of your children, camp staff and zoo campers will adhere to all safety and animal protocol procedures. If you have any questions, please read our behavior policy on the Zoo Camp Web Page above the cancellation policy.
- Campers will be grouped by age group. In the event that a camp session is being cancelled due to low enrollment, you will be contacted with the option of a refund or a transfer into a different age group.
- Your parking pass will be e-mailed to you the Friday before camp begins. It is your responsibility to print out this pass and display it when entering Micke Grove Regional Park. Vehicles that do not have the pass will be required to pay the County $5.00 parking fee.